Friday, January 25, 2013

What's your Talent?

This week I got to meet the artist Greg Olsen. If you are not familiar with his works, please go to his website. He is an amazing artist. I won a canvas print from him & he invited my family & I to come to his studio so he could sign it. (To see the picture, click here)
For me, being in his studio surrounded by beautiful art brought a big lump in my throat as I was holding back tears. He is talented & shares it. His talent inspires many. I've always wanted to paint, I thought about it while I was there but the thought left quickly, but the thought left quickly for some reason & I decided just to be happy enjoying his talent. To soak it all in. & to be happy that someone has the ability to paint the Savior as I think He is. It doesn't have to be me. I have other talents. My talents are not well-renowned, & not seen throughout the world. But they might be felt. They might be felt somewhere because I tried to teach my children to serve others. I'm anxious to teach my grandchildren. I have 2 at the moment, 1 in heaven Ollie, & one on earth, my beautiful Rainbow BabyPoppy! We all have talents. different ones. some may be seen & heard, while others may not get the attention of others as much. Love your talents! Find out what they are if you don't already know. Using your talents daily can help you overcome stress & grief. & if ever you need a little pick me up, go to Greg Olsens site. You'll come away uplifted.





4 comments:

  1. Mom. You have a talent of bringing the family together, may be small but very important. You also ha a talent of being an amazing mother. Not everyone is naturally good at this. And you taught me how to love my children!
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Tiffi! You are great at teaching us the best ways to live life. You have a great talent of being their for us and being our biggest supporter! You are a women of many talents! I am so glad you got to see all these paintings. He is very talented and that's awesome you were there to see some of that talent! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri! That is awesome you won that painting! You are so very talented. One I love is you have this ability to light up a room wherever you are and make everyone around you feel uplifted. I know my family loves seeing you. You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys, but I really wanted you to write YOUR talents!!!

    ReplyDelete