Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Fear & Dark vs. Light & Hope

Here's a picture of me & my first & only grandson, Ollie.
I miss his sweet face so much.
I can only feel part of what his parents must feel.
I feel like my heart will never be completely filled again.
It hurts.
There is a hole in my life that I don't think will ever go away.
We had a wonderful Christmas with all our family, but always
always, there was an emptiness without Ollie running around.
Everything we did & every activity, we mentioned how Ollie
would have loved being here. How we would have loved to
see him reacting to all these Holiday moments.
Maybe in a few days I will write about Ollies death.
I can't today.
You can read my daughters' story here... www.hebbsters.blogspot.com
I have written many memories, many times, just not today.
I can hardly type the word death.
It's a weird word. It's always been a "fear" word, dark & black.
But with Ollie gone, it has taken on a new meaning.
I can't think of it as black or dark because my sweet Ollie
did it. At times everything does feel dark & black but then
I think of where Ollie is. I believe he still lives. I believe
I will see him again one day. So when I remember that, I see more
light & hope. I see a happy grandma hugging on Ollie so tight that he
wiggles away. Then he runs back for more.

3 comments:

  1. ♥♥♥. I don't like typing the word death too. I've known people who died and they've been part of my life but losing my baby Alanna is so different, I don't know why. I guess because it was an unexpected thing. Who would have known? It's unfair that babies/children die so young.

    Thank you for commenting on my blog. It's nice to know that someone read our baby's story.. and thanking you sharing your Blog and Ollie's blog story. Sorry for your grandson's loss Sheri. I will be thinking of him and will be lighting a candle for him today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anna. It really does help to share. kisses to you~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri, you have written this so beautifully. Each day I think of how you all must miss Ollie so much. I wish so badly that there was something I could do to help. I pray for you everyday, but sometimes that seems so little compared to how huge your grief is.

    ReplyDelete